It's A Wrap
I love PF Chang’s lettuce wraps but the restaurant is 100 miles from our home on the range. Needless to say, we don’t go there much. But I do get the hankering much. I hanker much about much. So what’s a Midwest Nebraska farm girl to do? Well I make this easy peasy recipe at home. I found it on allrecipes and made a few PF chaaaannges. This is not only good but it’s also low carb and keto friendly. PLUS...it won a “Kids Love It” recipe contest. So it’s a win win din din recipe pe. Here’s another option: put this mixture on a bun for an Asian sloppy Jo. No matter how you serve it, your family meal will seem like you’ve ordered take out from 100 miles away. And think of how much you’ll save on gas; cha-Ching or maybe it’s, cha-Chang! Check out our website to order all the grass-fed ground beef you need to make this recipe all summer long.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes “crispy ginger and Asian lettuce wraps”
* 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
* 1 LB Twogood grass-fed ground beef
* 1 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
* 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 tsp powdered
*2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp powder
* 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
* 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
* 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
* 1/2 cup sliced green onions
* 1 head iceberg lettuce or whatever you have in hand, separated into leaves. Iceberg is best because it’s sturdy. Extra Hoisin sauce DIRECTIONS :
* Cook beef in skillet with carrots about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, and the next 8 ingredients. Continue to cook beef until browned. Add green onions. Spoon mixture evenly onto lettuce leaves and roll up. Add a bit of hoisin sauce on top. We like to dip them in a sweet and sour Asian sauce. Check out our ground beef offer below.
Order 10 pounds of ground beef shipped to your door anywhere in the U.S. for only $99. Make sure to enter promo code "Keto" at checkout.
Spring is finally here and once again it is time to reserve your whole, half or quarter of beef from the Twogood Farm. We will begin processing in May with two more scheduled dates throughout the summer. Due to the unique situation our country is facing with the corona virus, we have had an increased demand for our beef. Call or go to our website and place your order soon. We truly appreciate your business and the friendships we have made over the years.
An Encouraging Word:
Friend are you tired and weary? Scared for the future of your home, your family, your finances, our nation? It is a scary time. The present situation seems to be always changing, the future unsettling. But Jesus is here. "He is our refuge and strength an ever present in trouble". Psalm 46:1. He is our rock and our fortress. Fortress- a place of shelter and safety from the outside world. The doors of His fortress are open for you. Run to Him. He loves you and is waiting for you to take shelter in His arms from the storms of a sinful world and bring you peace. We don't know the future but the God who made the heavens and the earth, you and me; He knows. And in Him we can rest.
"He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me besides quiet waters, he restores my soul."